08 April 2008

My Expanded Profile

Av·a·tar (v-tär)

1. The incarnation of a Hindu deity, especially Vishnu, in human or animal form.

2. An embodiment, as of a quality or concept; an archetype: the very avatar of cunning.

3. A temporary manifestation or aspect of a continuing entity: occultism in its present avatar.


Shru·ti·yan (shroo-tea-on; n., Hindi): in music, the notes sung or played in-between the scripted notes during performance; the expressive trills and flourishes that characterize an artist's skill and school of training.

A·na·tra (on-ah-t_rah; adj., Hindi): secondary; alternate; the other.

Thus my name, thus my persona, thus my avatar. I've found a woman in this world, so like me yet so unlike; a facsimile of my analog, yet the perfect embodiment of my hidden desires. She is my Ego, my Id, my Psyche--and her two sisters. I have become her, and at times, she has become me.

For the avatar of discerning taste, and a predilection to the unique, I offer my services in this alternate world as a companion of the class of courtesans all but forgotten in our time: no mere pincushion for temporary release, I am a woman of charm and intellect, skilled in the 64 arts ascribed by the original text of the Kama Sutra (and many more besides). A consort of unparalleled beauty, and singular in my place in Second Life--I'll feign no false modesty here.

Don't be daunted by my Ivy-League education; rather, succumb to the charm of an erotic novel written specifically for you on the spur of the moment. My personal tastes are esoteric and varied: musically I gravitate toward jazz and Bollywood, in design toward the sublime of Bauhaus and the temples of Kajuraho, in literature I prefer magical realism tempered with a penchant for technical and academic journals. Sensually I prefer the slow burn, the ever-heightening thrill of anticipation; sexually I've found precious little in the way of limitation. But don't feel confined by these categories; rather, be challenged to present me with a topic of which I have no more than a passing knowledge.

If you're chosen to be my paramour, you can expect the journey to far succeed only rhetorical discourse; you will come to know a world of sensuality only hinted at in mere images of erotic design, a world unbound from the fetters of representation, a world unleashed in your own mind. I believe in the power of words as keys; they are the magic incantations that can give life to limitless images and sensations. Language alone can release us into our interior landscape, the only boundless frontier. But be advised that to engage me requires charm, delicacy, and perception. I conduct myself in accordance with the Hindu tenets of proper Dharma, Artha and Kama; namely that one should attend to righteous and profitable living before attending to the business of pleasure. My services are appropriately valued, and again be forewarned--very addictive.

I am also the founder of the Kama Sutra Institute, a learning center for the intelligent pursuit of pleasure in Second Life. You can find out about events and more, as well as my Indian ethnic fashion line, here on the official blog.

3 comments:

Shrutiyan Anatra said...

oof, did that sound pretentious or what?

Anonymous said...

Well, a little, but hey. If you've got the mad skills to back up the talk, honey, does it matter if you sound a little pretnetious at first glance? ;-D

~Simone!

Shrutiyan Anatra said...

hehe...i think i was actually going for pretentious, with a hint of a saucy growl in my voice to boot ㋡